SERVING GLADSTONE | MILWAUKIE | OREGON CITY | WEST LINN
Request Yamaha Performance Upgrade Service!
Ready To Schuedule Service?
Call now or leave your information and we will call you back shortly.
Yamaha YXZ1000R Modifications
If you’re looking into Yamaha YXZ1000R modifications, visit Uncle Al’s Auto Repair. Using Tubeworks Race Line Products, we can modify your side-by-side’s transmission to provide higher top speeds, better launches, increased acceleration and improved clutch durability.
Some of the most popular Yamaha YXZ1000R installation customizations have to do with the vehicle’s climbing power and speed. The large tires of this model cause some sluggishness with its gear system. These modifications involve different tires and overdrive gear upgrades to make the YXZ1000R fast but still able to climb and handle different environments.
When you bring your Yamaha YXZ1000R into Uncle Al’s for modifications, we do it all the work on site including half case milling and other changes to get the right fit and performance from these parts. 2017 Yamaha YZX1000R sales have started with their new Sport Shift transmission that eliminates the clutch pedal. All of these modifications will work, but we need to pair them with a computer system to let the clutch work with new gear ratios and tires sizes.
Here’s how we can help you get the performance you want from your YXZ:
- Full Trail Edition WR Kit – The YXZ1000R comes with extremely high gearing and small tires from the factory, which severely limits its ability to climb hills. This kit fixes the problem with a wide ratio setup that uses 70/30/30/30/15 ratios to improve acceleration without limiting top speed, even with bigger tires.
- Full Desert Edition/Turbo WR Kit – Bring in your Yamaha YXZ1000R for installation of this kit and you’ll get the perfect balance for high speed driving over open spaces while reduce drivetrain stress when fitting larger tires. By lowering ratios by 15% while still maintaining a high top speed. With our first gear option and 5th gear overdrive, it gives your YXZ a 45/15 reduction and a 45/15/15/15/15 gear ratio, which is perfect for turbocharged UTVs. Have a naturally aspirated engine? This gearset can be installed without the overdrive.
- 5Th Gear Overdrive Single Gear Set – This overdrive gear option increases the ratio by 15%, increasing top speed and reducing engine RPM for high speed cruising. It only requires minor case modifications for installation.
- 15% Drop Set – This 15% reduction kit compensates for larger tires, reducing sluggishness. Yamaha YXZ1000R installation doesn’t require changes to the case, saving time and money.
- First Gear – This kit reduces the ratio by 35%, making take off easier, although it’s not recommended for technical terrain due to increased launch speeds. This modification does require some case grinding.
- IRR Pressure Plate – This Initial Response Plate (IRP) works together with the electronically-controlled clutch actuator for smoother starts and stops. This makes the transmission react like a CVT when climbing steep hills, letting you gently apply the throttle to keep the vehicle from rolling back, and reduces clutch wear at low speeds, making it perfect for technical trails. This kit includes standard thickness clutch steels.
- Clutch Drum Mod – YXZ clutch sales probably aren’t far behind Yamaha YXZ1000R sales, but this modification can reduce the need for replacements by redirecting oil to places that need better cooling and lubrication. This mod greatly improves the grip of the stock clutch, and it works great with aftermarket clutches.
The Yamaha YXZ1000R Experts At Uncle Al’s
Uncle Al’s is here to make sure your YXZ is running smooth, and set up on a maintenance schedule to ensure your adventures can get the most out of the YXZ1000R, without running into issues. With the right modifications, the YXZ1000R can climb easier and not risk overheating or wearing out faster. Clutch and lubrication modifications can make the parts most susceptible to damage last longer and keep going strong. Call or stop by Uncle Al’s today for more information on Yamaha YXZ1000R installation or modification services.
Certified Dealer For The Following Distributors:
Yamaha YXZ1000R Performance Upgrades In Gladstone OR and Oregon City OR
Serving Customers In The Greater Portland OR Area: