SERVING GLADSTONE | MILWAUKIE | OREGON CITY | WEST LINN
What Is a CVT Transmission?
This type of transmission has the main goal of keeping your engine operating as powerfully and efficiently as possible. When you are driving a vehicle with one of these transmissions, it almost feels like you’re never shifting gears.
How Do CVT Transmissions Work?
CVT transmissions work by utilizing variable ratio engineering, which utilizes electronics, steel pulleys, and a steel belt drive, which are lubricated with a specific type of fluid.
CVT transmissions are commonly found in these popular makes of vehicles:
- Mini Cooper
If you own one of these automobiles or a smaller vehicle from a different manufacturer, it’s important to learn more about this transmission and how it works.
Request Transmission Repair Shop Service!
Ready to Schedule Service?
Call Now or leave your information below and we will call you back shortly.
Signs You May Have a Problem With Your CVT Transmission
Typically, you’ll have a problem with this type of transmission when fluid is not kept at an optimum level. Problems can include the following:
- Incorrect Fluid Is Used: It’s best to only use a service company that understands the specifications and requirements of a CVT transmission
- Transmission Is Overheating: This can be due to old fluid or clogged coolers
- Low or Dirty Transmission Fluid: Transmission fluid should be kept at the recommended level to ensure top performance
- Valve Body Wear: This usually occurs due to a lack of fluid and improper maintenance
- Damage to Bearings, Pulleys or Push Belt: This could be due to lubrication issues, which may trigger your check engine light
Maintain and Take Care of Your CVT Transmissions
The best thing you can do for your CVT transmission is to make sure it is maintained properly and has the correct level of transmission fluid at all times. By taking this action and following the recommendations given by the manufacturer of your specific automobile, it will help ensure the longevity of your transmission. You’ll find information on the type of fluid that is best for your vehicle and the appropriate amount that should be used by looking in your owner’s manual.
When you require regular maintenance or are experiencing problems, be sure to contact Uncle Al’s Automotive Services or stop by for a diagnosis. We’d be happy to help.
CVT Transmissions In Gladstone OR and Oregon City OR
Serving Customers In The Greater Portland OR Area: